Thank you for purchasing the Hall & Perry Russian Piping Tips Cake Decorating Kit! We hope you love it!
Here are a few quick tips for success:
- Make sure your buttercream is stiff enough to hold shape. This will give you the prettiest flowers.
- Keep movements slow and steady for best results.
- You can prepare flowers ahead of time on parchment paper and freeze until ready to use. Remember to be careful when moving them.
- Keep your tips clean!
- For more realistic looking flowers, layer different colors of buttercream in your piping bag.
How to use:
- Fill piping bag with your favorite buttercream recipe. The one we’ve included with your kit is delicious.
- Place tip at 90-degree angle on the surface of the cupcake (make sure it is softly touching so the frosting sticks to the cake).
- Apply steady pressure to build a nice base and pull straight up as you squeeze the bag.
- Release pressure just before you are done with your flower and continue to pull the piping bag upwards until the buttercream separates from the tip. Congrats, you have made your first flower!
- Continue around the first flower until your cupcake is covered. Fill in blank spots with included leaf tip.